Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Tuesday 6 January 2015

A few of the Authentic Italian Cuisine in Koh Samui, at the La Taverna

Attila has been making noise about having an authentic Italian Pizza in Koh Samui. I've checked randomly through the tripadvisor and I've recommended the la taverna il ristorante italiano. I'm truly attracted by the post that has rated la taverna as one of the few classic Italian Restaurant that is still available on the island.

A very friendly service from the restaurant owner to arrange a table for 7 of us that we can sit comfortably, despite we're at the peak dinner hour and we've not booked in advanced. A nice starter of bread and Grissini or bread sticks that are served with Tomato Salsa and mixture of olive oil with vinegar as dipping.

Attila is so eager to try out the Pizze Salame E Gorgonzola that consists of tomato, pork salami, Mozzarella and Gorgonzola Cheese. I like the strong taste of the Gorgonzola that goes well with the saltiness of the salami. The dough is slight crispy at the outer layer yet it's still soft, this is a delicious Pizza! I've chosen the Spaghetti Alla Carbonara that is one of the basic pasta that is cooked with pork bacon and creamy egg sauce. The sauce is very tasty and I've definitely enjoyed the bacon that has been sauteed to a slight crispiness. Well, maybe a small preference from my side... if the onion is chopped into smaller pieces?

Lovingly to try out a sweet dessert, I've decided for the Profiteroles. It looks and also tastes alike cream puff except these puffy balls are topped additionally with chocolate sauce. Delicious but can I have more chocolate sauce, pleasssss... 

I'm happy to see Attila's smile on his face. He has been so satisfied with this restaurant.

Address:
168/18 Moo 2, Chaweng Beach,
Tambon Bophut, Koh Samui,
Suratthani 84320, Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment