Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Tuesday 29 July 2014

De Paella = House of Journey Hostel & Guesthouse

The Groupon's voucher is on! We've decided to try out the De Paella that is located at Lorong Seck Chuan in Georgetown. I'm fancy over Paella that there's no reason for me to object such dinner. It's actually quite tricky for us to find out the De Paella as it's indeed the restaurant that is located inside the House of Journey Hostel & Guesthouse. A small dining area that can cater about 12 guests and an electronic menu that is displayed on the Ipad, "simplicity" is the only word that comes across my mind.

Our 1st dish is the Tortilla De Patata (Deconstructo) or the potato with half boiled egg. The bottom layer is the fried potato with bacon that is then topped with a poached egg. The garnishing is an orange sauce that tastes alike capsicum. The saltiness of the bacon has accomplished the potato, the dish is delicious despite the egg yolk is slightly over-cooked for me. It's in the voucher, we're then served with the Croquetta and the Patatas Bravas. The ingredients are limited, we've taken the Croquetta De Gamba or shrimp that is served together with a mixture of Guacamole and Mayonnaise sauces. This is not the best Croquetta that I've ever tasted, yet the soft inner and the crispy outer have both made it still a delicious dish. I prefer to have the Croquetta without any dipping sauce, how about you? The Patatas Bravas is also made of potato but it comes with two types of sauces. This is not my option as it's chewy and I indeed dislike the strong taste of the potato.

Flipping through the electronic menu, we've decided to try out their Gambas Ajo Blanco con Mango Fresco and also the Almechas Al Vino Blanco En Salsa Verde or the prawns and the clams respectively. The prawns that have been sauteed are being served with a spicy sauce at the base and also the Mango Chutney by the side, the combination of the sauces is very tasty. On other other hand, I'm not really fancy over the clams that are cooked with a basil sauce. It's apparently too salty for me and the greenish sauce doesn't have a nice aroma of the basil leaves.

It's not in the menu but we're recommended with the Seafood Spaghetti here. The noodle is slightly hard but the spicy tomato-based sauce is very delicious. I'm the Asian and I've indeed requested for more sauce. The main character or the Seafood Paella is the final dish to be served on the table. Topped with prawns, clams and the green peas, the rice is dark in colour and it's actually too sweet for me. I've rather enjoyed the most bottom layer of the rice that is slightly burnt.

Ending our dinner with the Truffas De Chocolate and the Mango Cheesecake. The chocolate truffle is delicious but we're not really fancy with the mango dessert.

We're quite satisfied with the dinner whereby we've tried various types of food. Some dishes are really delicious while some are quite ordinary yet they're considered averagely good. We'll definitely re-visit the place again except: No more seating near the entrance as the electrically-locked metal door is really noisy and annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment