Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Friday 11 July 2014

Bar47 at Vestdijk 47

I'm exhausted and I'm looking for the nearest restaurant that I can dine-in. There's no other better choices rather than the one that is located at the ground floor of my Hotel, the Pullman Eindhoven Cocagne. I've not realised that the restaurant and the bar are actually just side-by-side... To differentiate the Bar 47, 1st point is the menu that is visible on the table while the 2nd point is indicated by the short tables and sofa's chairs.

Courtesy from the Bar47 whereby I'm offered with a holder with 3 starters that range from macadamia nuts, sun-dried tomatoes to onions. The saltiness of the Macadamias, the juiciness of the tomatoes and the sourness of the pickled onions; they're all very appetising! My favourite is the small and round onions that are not only beautiful but also very delicious. I've never thought at least that onion can be such a tasty appetiser.

I've decided to take the "Tapastry" and my greediness that I've chosen the Genneperhoeve kaasduo & Duo van Franse Saucisse and Portie bitterballen & Garnalenkroketjes. The tapas are the mixture between Dutch and French whereby the 1st platter is with Dutch Cheese & French Sausages while the 2nd dish consists of Dutch Croquette Balls & French Spring Rolls with Shrimps. A very good combinations of cheese and meat yet it's incomplete without a glass of wine! It's also a small disappointment for me that the sausages are served without any dipping sauce, maybe a mustard ?!! These are the best croquette balls that I've ever tasted; the mashed potatoes with minced meat inside are very smooth and juicy while the bread crumbs outside are very crunchy. On the other hand, the frozen shrimps are not fresh despite the sauce is indeed quite delicious.

The ambient is very cosy and comfortable. I wish that Attila is there to share the moment with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment