Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Wednesday 1 January 2014

Paella... the Homemade

I'm definitely the fans for Paella, the Spanish rice dish that consists of seafood and meat. I've decided to present the 1st article of year 2014, to my BFF (Best Female Friend) that have been the Chef and as well have prepared the ingredients to succeed the cooking event of Paella. I've tasted the best or the most delicious Paella in Barcelona, that my saliva is dripping whenever I miss it. I think that it's the feeling of being challenged, Phui Yee has decided to cook us a meal of Paella. Am I right, Phui Yee? Su and Elaine are buying the ingredients, this is indeed the easiest function for me that I just do nothing...

A lot of ingredients are to be prepared such as prawn, squid, chicken, sausage, tomato paste and they're all fried separately in advanced. Besides that, raw vegetable like garlic, onion, capsicum, parsley are chopped into tiny pieces and they're put aside for later use. Heating up the oil in the pan in order to start cooking, the garlic and onion are firstly sauteed to golden brownish colour. The nice aroma of the fried garlic and onion is very appealing, this indicates the correct time to add the capsicum and the tomato paste. Then, the rice is poured into the mixture and water is added as well. The correct step here is to allow the rice to "soak" inside the sauce before adding the water. Chicken Stock will be the preferred option to enhance the deliciousness of Paella. Alternatively, Phui Yee has used the Maggi Chicken Essence due to time limitation. After adding the chicken and sausage, the pan is covered that the rice is simmered in the sauce with slow fire. You can take the idea of using the Aluminium Foil, if you're shortage of lid cover! Once the rice is cooked or the liquid has dried up, the seafood is added and finally the peas. Being explained by Phui Yee, the peas are not to be boiled for too long in order to maintain the greenish colour. Parsley is the final garnishing to enhance both the aroma and taste of the Paella. The best part is the crusty later of rice that is sticking on the pan! I'm totally amazed by Phui Yee's cooking skill. It's just-to-taste and with the freshness of the ingredients, I'm completely satisfied with the deliciousness of the Paella.

Too many prawns and we've decided to do a "frying with butter". The freshness of the prawn with the saltiness of the butter, we're happy with the taste of this home-cooked dish as well.
 
My greediness, I wish to try the Paella again! And this time, I'll ask for a bigger portion...

No comments:

Post a Comment