Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Monday 25 November 2013

The Best Bagel in Town, at Mugshot

Despite it's newly opened in Georgetown, the Mugshot has always been overwhelmed with customers each day. It's a small cafe that is located at Chulia Street and it's just next door to the Rainforest Bakery. It's still a surprise that how can this small place be such unique; the greenish plants in the vase or pot, the wooden board on the wall, the metal plate on the suitcase or the pictures of "honour" on the clips. I like every single decorations in the cozy ambient. The best is the Mugshot scene that you can be creative at...

This is a simple cafe with a main counter for customers to place the orders and another side is the coolest spot in the Mugshot, the big and round stone oven that is used to bake the Bagel. The menu is as well short and precise, being categorised only into Yogurt, Drinks and Bagel.

After some discussions and complications between the girls, we've finally agreed to take the Bagel with Cream Cheese. Very crispy at the outer skin, very softy inside the bun and with a layer of cream cheese that is melting in between the round buns; I've definitely fell in love with the delicious Bagel. The Poppy Seeds have been an added point to increase the crunchiness of the Bagel. I'm 100% convinced that the Bagel is supplied by Rainforest Bakery but I'm wondering that I've never able to produce such tasty Bagel with Cream Cheese...

Besides, they've as well made a marvellous yogurt. We've ordered the flavors of Jackfruit & Gula Melaka and Kiwi & Honey. The whitish yogurt has a nice "surface tension" that it's not too liquid and it's still very smooth. The yogurt is indeed quite sour and it's balanced by the sweetness of the Gula Melaka and the Honey respectively. Both of these types of "sugar" are not too sweet and this is definitely a healthy dessert that you'll enjoy without guiltiness. We prefer the Jackfruit & Gula Melaka as it's more special and I like actually the crunchiness of the Jackfruit with the chillness of the yogurt.

I'm impressed by the deliciousness of the Bagel and the Yogurt here, but they're definitely not the expert in Coffee. I'll change to Hot Chocolate on my next visit? I'll definitely be here again for tasting again.

Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment