Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 8 September 2013

Griechische at Alexis Sorbas

I've always nagged to Attila that I want and I must try Greek food for at least once during our home trip in Germany. This is a dish that I've always missed as it's not available in Penang, mainly the delicious pork Gyros and the Tzatziki sauce. As well in Neutraubling, Attila has shown me the Alexis Sorbas Griechische Spezialitäten that is organized by the family or father and sons.

I'm a greedy eater that I want to try various meat dishes that they're serving here, thus we've decided to order the Rachi-Teller Für 2 Personen that consists of Schweinelendchen, Gyros, Suvlaki, Kalamari, Muscheln, Fleischpflanzerl dazu Pommes Frites und Salate. We're firstly being served with the Salad that is garnished with only the vinegar and olive oil, it tastes very refreshing. The main character in Griechische is the Tzatziki that is the yogurt and cucumber based sauce that tastes very creamy and heavy. The smooth texture and the freshness of the cucumber are urging people to taste it more and more... But, the Tzatziki normally makes people feeling very full easily.

Back to the big platter, my favourite is always the Gyros. It's the roasted meat on the vertical spit that is then sliced into thin, crisp pieces. The sliced meat is salty that it goes well either with the lightly grilled Pita Bread that has a nice aroma of the Oregano or only with the Tzatziki. Schweinelendchen is the pork fillet that has been marinated with plenty of herbs and being grilled to dryness that it has some "chewing" strength in the mouth. On the other hand, Suvloki is slightly different whereby the pork meat is poked onto the stick and I prefer Suvloki than the Schweinelendchen because the meat is more tender and the aroma of the herbs is stronger. The Fleischpflanzerl is the minced meat that has been mixed with a lot of onion and then being rolled alike meat ball before fried to the dark brownish colour. I dislike the minced meat as it has a strong smell. Both of the fried Muscheln (Mussel) and Kalamari (Squid) are quite tasty except that the flour coating is the soft type that they don't sound or taste crispy. Of course, the seafood is not as fresh as what we can get in M'sia but they're edible...

I've definitely an overfull stomach after the Greek food. As per the tradition, we're served with the digestive alcoholic drink that is called Ouzo. It's spicy but it's definitely the best timing! Over all, I'm not really amazed by the remaining dishes in the platter except the Gyros and my favourite Tzatziki. I think, it'll be another year before I've my Grischiche again.

No comments:

Post a Comment