Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 1 September 2013

Deer at Buchet

Going on the last lunch with Bernd and his family before his departure back to Penang. To have something special, we're going to eat deer at Wild-Berghof Buchet that is by the Bayerische Wald or the Bavarian Forest. Departing from Deggendorf and heading to Buchet at Bern Ried, the journey has taken us at least about 30 minutes along the rugged mountain road. I've a wonderful time to take picture of the deer that is lazing under the shade of the trees, hiding from the heat of the sun. Other than the Deer Park that is meant for sightseeing, the deer is fed here in order to cater for the restaurant.

Missing still the taste of Leberkäse, I've decided to order the Hirschleberkäse mit Pommes und Spiegelei. It's the Leberkäse or meat loaf that is made of meat from the deer and then being served with fries and mirror-egg or the sun shiny side up. The Leberkäse looks very appetising in the uniform pinkish colour. It's tender and softer than the plain Leberkäse that is normally made of pork. It's very salty and I find that it's as well too oily, maybe it's partly because of the fried egg on top. Anyway, the Hirschleberkäse is indeed very delicious and I think that the taste will be more perfect if it comes in between of a Semmel or Bun.

Attached to the meal, I'm firstly served with a plate of pickled salad that consists of cucumber, carrot,  radish, Sauerkraut or cabbage and also fresh lettuce that is then garnished with yogurt sauce. I'm not fancy over vegetable but I do quite enjoy this pickled platter.

Thanks to Bernd for treating me to this special lunch. I've enjoyed the time with the family as well. Attila is so jealous as he has never tried Hirschleberkäse before... 

No comments:

Post a Comment