Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 9 June 2013

Traditional Bibimbap Since 1973, at Gogung

Back to Seoul from Jeju Island, Su has suggested for Bibimbap as lunch. I've no objection as I've no clue what Bibimbap is and I'm interested to find out about it. Recommendation from Su Yee, we should walk along the main street of Myeongdong and 고궁 will be our targeted Bibimbap restaurant. It's easier for me to understand the Chinese character and we've finally found the Gogung古宫, Jeonju Traditional Bibimbap Shop.

Bibimbap or "Mixed Rice" or 拌饭 is a signature Korean dish whereby it's a bowl of warm white rice being topped with sauteed or seasoned vegetables, chili paste, an egg that is either raw or fried and sliced meat that the ingredients are stirred together thoroughly just before eating. We've all decided to share the set B that consists of Jeonju Traditional Bibimbap, Jeonju Dolsot Bibimbap, Traditional Bulgogi and the Cocktail Makkoli or the raw rice wine. Out of the appetizers, my favourite is the seaweed flakes. Meantime, we're served with the Makkoli while waiting for the main course. The smell of the fermented rice is very unease but the wine is actually quite tasty.

The 1st dish to be served is the Traditional Bulgogi that comprises of the mushroom, glass noodle and beef slices being cooked inside the sizzling plate. The beef is very succulent and I've also enjoyed the soup that tastes so sweet with the juice from the meat. The Traditional and Dolsot Bibimbap are served in the metal bowl and the stone pot respectively. According to the waiter, another difference is the beef whereby the metal bowl contains the raw beef while the pan-fried beef is inside the hot stone pot. I'm so in love with both of the delicious Bibimbap. I prefer the stone pot as I personally think that it has a nicer aroma and a stronger taste of the mushroom.

The dessert for after meal, we're served with a cup of cold reddish tea each. I don't really like it because it's ended with bitterness at the tongue. Anyway, I'm totally satisfied with the Bibimbap here and I'm so eager to find one in Penang.

No comments:

Post a Comment