Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Monday 3 June 2013

Samgyetang or Ginseng Chicken Soup

One of the famous dish in Korea is the Samgyetang or to be simply known as Ginseng Chicken Soup. We're brought to the 土俗村蔘雞湯 that is nearby Gyeong Bok Gung Palace. I like the traditional outlook of the restaurant but I'm still a little surprised that they're selling mainly or only Ginseng and Chicken here.

1 bowl of Samgyetang or Chicken Stew with Ginseng that costs ₩15,000 is definitely too much for myself and we've decided to share 4 sets among 5 of us. Before the main course is served, we're given a small cup of Ginseng Wine and a cup of Ginseng Tea respectively. I dislike the wine as the Ginseng is too strong and it's just too bitter. The Samgyetang consists of whole young chicken that is stuffed with Korean Ginseng, rice and chestnut that is then slowly cooked to create the thick broth that is very sweet and flavourful. The chicken meat is very soft but it's quite tasteless while I'm a little disappointed because the soup doesn't contain Ginseng smell that I've been expecting. Anyway, the whole dish is quite tasty for the natural sweetness of the soup itself and I do enjoy the rice as well. For the girls, they're busy seasoning the soup with more salt.

I'm feeling so full after the Samgyetang as I've finished the whole bowl of soup by myself. Besides, it's very delicious to eat the crunchy pine nuts together with the soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment