Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Wednesday 15 May 2013

Famous Fried Bawal at Rili Corner

Our restaurant A is closed on Tuesday dinner, thus the girls have decided to bring me to the Tanjung Bunga Famous Fried Bawal by Rili Corner. If you're going towards direction to Batu Ferringhi, it's on the left whereby the stall is at the corner in front of the Maybank that is between Jalan Lembah Permai and Jalan Tanjung Bungah. The business is conducted by Malay yet they've customers from different races and mainly Chinese. Either Chicken Set or Fish Set, this is the menu here.
Each set comes with a meat of your choice that is either the Fried Bawal Fish or the Fried Chicken, a bowl of curry sauce with ladyfinger, some cucumber and green bean that are served with Sambal and a bowl of chopped onion with Cili Padi in the soy-based sauce. I'm a little greedy that I've decided to take a Fish Set and additionally with a piece of fried chicken. The fish is very fresh but the meat is slightly dry whereby the owner apologises to us that the chef may have somehow over-fried the fish. Anyway, the meat at the thicker part of the fish is still quite juicy. I myself prefer the chicken that has been marinated perfectly as it tastes saltier and the meat is still tender while the outer skin is crispy. I find the meal here is tasty and it's very appetising as the meat goes well with the plain rice that is topped with the curry sauce.

This is just a simple meal that has completely filled up my empty stomach. There's a slight disappointment towards the fish but I'm totally satisfied with the fried chicken. To conclude the meal, I find it to be delicious and it's worthwhile for $$$.

No comments:

Post a Comment