Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Friday 10 May 2013

Discovering the Spices of Penang

We've to take our lunch somewhere nearby Pekaka area at Sungai Dua and LP has recommended the Spices of Penang. They're bringing the original taste of Penang to the customers and I've just realised that they've indeed few branches across Malaysia. This is my 1st visit here, what shall I take for my lunch?

Flipping over the menu, I've decided for the Nasi Lemak Goreng Ayam炸鸡椰浆饭. The plate comes with a bowl of rice with coconut milk, fried chicken, anchovies, peanuts, hard-boiled egg, slices of cucumber and the most important, to be served together with the Sambal sauce. The reddish Sambal looks very appetising! It's delicious but it's just not so spicy as I wish it to be. Besides, I like the restaurant because the Sambal is indeed free-flow concept. On the other hand, the chicken has been fried to a dark brownish colour that the skin is crispy yet the meat is still tender. I like the slight dryness of the meat that it's not too softy. I'm feeling so full after completing the whole plate of the "milky" rice.

The next problem is to finish my bowl of Cendol煎蕊. Cendol is a traditional dessert that consists of the blended ice being served together with the green Cendol or a type of jelly-alike noodle and red beans before being poured with coconut milk and brown sugar. I like the sweetness and creaminess but the Cendol is slightly too hard as if it has been frozen earlier.

If I'm comparing here to Old Town or similar restaurants, I'll definitely vote for Spices of Penang. I think that the deliciousness of the food is worthwhile with the pricing.

No comments:

Post a Comment