Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 24 March 2013

A Small Forest yet It's so Sweettttt...

It's sort of a mistake while we bump into Sweet Forest. We're indeed searching for a sandwich shop but we've accidentally walked into Kedai Pastri Sweet Forest and starting to order our food. Uncleaned tables, unmatched colours between the wall and the furniture and also the waitress that is slow and soft, we're almost reaching to the point of emotion that we should walk out from the restaurant.

The menu is simple and the choices are mainly sandwiches and pastas. I've decided to take one of the Chef Recommended, the Japan Squid in Swamp that is spaghetti being cooked with imported Japan Squid Ink. I've upgraded the pasta into set menu that comes with a soup of the day, a bun and a glass of drink; it's just simply topping up RM 6 additionally. I like the tiny chopped garlic inside the creamy Mushroom soup but I find that it's lacking of mushroom to create a strong taste and a nice aroma. Nothing is to be commented on the bun except that it's soft and warm. Frankly, I'm a little surprised to see my plate of pasta as it looks "adorable". The blackish pasta with a fried whole squid and being garnished with some green leaves, I can't wait to try out this squid ink delicacy. It's a little localised as the Chef has added the Cili Padi to create the spiciness inside the pasta but the taste is indeed very refreshing and it matches the herbs and spices completely. Besides, the "biteness" of the spaghetti is just perfect that I'm totally amazed by the deliciousness of this pasta. It's just not logical that the ugly squid ink can create such beautiful dish! More surprise to come while biting the fried squid, the meat is very fresh and it's very crispy.

A little doubtful about the Homemade Charcoal Bread yet Attila has decided to take the Forest. It's a type of sandwich that is layered with sliced beef that has been fried, Cheddar Cheese, lettuce, tomato and their special homemade sauce. It's definitely a complete blackish bun either from top view or from the side view. The meat is very tender and being coupled with their special sauce, it's not only delicious but it also doesn't taste alike the ordinary sandwich that you can find anywhere.

I'm honest that we're blaming ourselves at first that we've stepped into Sweet Forest but we're then shocked positively by a great meal. I'll definitely visit the restaurant again as I just can't wait to try out other menu and also the pastries here. One small advice, they should consider to change the customer service if they wish to boost the business in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment