Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 9 December 2012

Run Forrest Run; Stop Forrest Stop

Have you ever watched Forrest Gump? If yes, you're not a stranger to this great movie that has depicted the life of Forrest Gump since his birth in 1945. This masterpiece has been an inspiration to Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. that they're intending to provide friendly service and to let the customers to have fun here while enjoying the great meal especially their signature prawns. Urging again and again, Attila has finally entertained my request to visit one of the Bubba Gump's franchise that is located at The Curve, Damansara. Sitting at the walkway that is alike the balcony, I've my joy to capture the photo of the restaurant from the opposite of the street.

Before starting, the waiter or waitress will brief you about the functions of each instruments on the table. Please turn to the page of 'Run Forrest Run' if you need any services or 'Stop Forrest Stop' if you don't wish to be disturbed, the Ping-Pong bat is the compilations of their beverage menu while the Bubba Gump basket is the storage for the paper towel and sauces. You can take as much time as you've wanted for the menu and you'll not be asked if the metal plate is not flipped to your mood.

Attila and I have ordered the Shrimpin' Dippin' Broth and the Shrimper's Net Catch. The earlier dish is a spicy broth that is cooked with a lot of shrimps that is then being served with Jasmine Rice and French Baguette while mine is the peel 'n' eat shrimps that need some handwork. I've asked for their secret recipe spice cajun as the flavoring. We do quite like the shrimp broth especially with the lots of peeled prawns inside the salty yet tasty soup. Something is missing and the soup is tastier by squeezing in some fresh lemon juice. Another enjoyment is the yummy Baguette that is crispy at outside but so soft at the inner side. I'm not so fancy about my choice because it's not to taste whereby I've found a lot of non-melted salts in between the shrimps and I dislike the soft meat that is not succulent that is alike to have lost its freshness.








The Run Forrest Run is as well in the menu whereby it's the mixture of fresh oranges, strawberries and non-fat raspberry frozen yogurt. One small joke about this beverage that we'll run to toilet after the drink ;)

I'm happy that I've finally tried out the Bubba Gump that has been Su's favourite. At least, this seems to be a decision making that I'm not the big fans for their shrimps.

No comments:

Post a Comment