Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 8 July 2012

Kari Kepala Ikan at Pak Su Curry House

Kari Kepala Ikan or Curry Fish Head is a popular dish among Malaysians, to be eaten during lunch or dinner. This is a delicious main dish to go with the white rice that we love to flood the whole plate of rice with the curry sauce. Thanks to my colleague SM Lee that we're invited to a team gathering dinner at Pak Su Curry House at Sg. Ara. This corner house has a wide space that is suitable as the dining area. It's very windy and comfortable to sit down and to enjoy a meal here.

We've greedily ordered plenty of dishes such as Mutton Rendang, Fried Chicken, Sambal Eggplant, Curry Prawn and of course the Kari Kepala Ikan. I hate mutton but they're good in the Mutton Rendang that the spices have covered up the smell of the lamb while the meat still tastes tender and juicy. The Fried Chicken and Sambal Eggplant are not really good especially I don't like the sweetness of the Sambal. Moving to the Curry Prawn, the curry sauce is thick and the little spiciness matches well with the prawn meat that is fresh and succulent. However, I don't like the sauce that is cooked from the curry powder as it tastes 'powdery' and not so smooth. There's as well no complaint with the freshness of the fish head except that the curry is a little creamy and it's not spicy. Anyway, I've to complain for my shaked-hand while capturing the picture.
Additionally, we've taken some fresh leaves or Ulam in Malay that is served with Cili Padi or Sambal as dipping sauces. For whom that doesn't like rice, bread is as well served here.
There's no doubt about the cleanliness of the ambient here, yet it's neither the best nor the most preferred Kari Kepala Ikan of my choice. I guess I'll only be here again only on friend's request.

No comments:

Post a Comment