Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 25 March 2012

Nippon Yataimura; Does It Mean Japanese Village?

Nippon Yataimura will be another restaurant of our choice if we're looking for Japanese noodle or Ramen. I've always been wondering about the meaning of its name, does 日本屋台村 mean Japanese village? This restaurant is located at the lower ground floor of Queensbay Mall. I don't like the surrounding here as it's not cozy and more importantly, I don't like the smell. It's sort of alike the oil that has absorbed into the wood for years. The only attraction for me here is their Tonkotsu Ramen.

Tonkotsu Ramen or the pork bone broth is a type of clear soup ramen. The noodle is garnished with some thin slices of pork roll and bean sprouts. Additionally for the Deluxe Tonkotsu Ramen is the pork meat that has been cooked in the dark soy sauce and prawn. Attila and I like the sweet yet very refreshing soup whereby the soup itself is so flavourful that we're so satisfied with only the clear soup itself. It's even greater if the noodle is not over-cooked that it becomes too soft.

We've as well decided to try out their Gyoza or the Japanese Dumplings that are filled with mixture of minced pork and parsley. The skin is a little chewy and I prefer if the sauce is slightly saltier. The Gyoza is quite delicious but it's not the best dumplings that I've ever tasted.

Nippon Yataimura has a simple menu with a limited choices of delicacies. We'll visit the restaurant if we're thinking of hot soupy noodle and it's only 'Tonkotsu'.

No comments:

Post a Comment