Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 26 February 2012

唐人厝, It Means China House

Two houses are connected back-to-back with the entrance either from Beach Street or from Victoria Street, here comes the China House or 唐人厝. The long and narrow space is a restaurant, a cafe and as well a UNESCO heritage. Every single elements in the restaurant is representing the unique culture of Penang whereby one end is the restaurant that you can sit down for a meal while another end is the cafe that drinks and songs are presented and both are linked by a wide courtyard that is suitable for a relaxing teatime experience. You can walk through the long houses for a sightseeing or to search for a book to read or to surf online at the small corner.

I like one cool idea here whereby white paper and crayons are readily prepared for us to start drawing. It's a great pastime while waiting for our food. Look at my artistic skill ;)
Out from the simple menu, Attila has decided to take the House Made Lamb Sausages with Cous Cous Salad and Warm Feta Dressing. I hate lamb but the added herbs and spices have somehow reduced the 'smell' in the minced lamb meat. The saltiness is just nice that we do think that the sausages are special.

I've decided to go for the Beef Short Ribs with Sweet Potato and Roasted Garlic Puree and the Salad that consists of Marinated Eggplant, Cherry Tomatoes and Baby Spinach. The size of the 'short ribs' is kind of too big that I've hardly finished the portion. Anyway, the meat is very succulent and tender that it's so flavourful with the marination sauce. In fact, my favourite is the sweet potato puree that is neither too sweet nor too salty and I think this is a cool idea to replace the regular mashed potato.

China House has existed for quite some time in Penang yet I've taken such a long time to discover this place. I'll definitely revisit this place for its various selections of dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment