Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 29 January 2012

Salute to Capitan Torres, the Spanish

We've finally found Capitan Torres Restaurant at the Liverpool Street, 'Spanish Cuisine since 1973' that is recommended by Phoebe's friend. I'm indeed the happiest girl to know that we're going to have the Spanish dinner. Partly, we're in fact trying to taste different dishes that are not available in Penang. It's fully booked that we've no choice to take the outside seats during the windy night.

I've eagerly urged everyone and finally we've the agreement to share the Paella Valenciana and Combinado de Mariscos. As a starter while waiting for our main courses, we're served with the garlic bread. These Ciabatta buns are very soft and very tasty with the butter garlic spread.








Paella is the Spanish rice dish that is cooked with meat and a variety of seafood. In short, I've always known it as the 'Spanish Seafood Fried Rice'. It's the only Spanish dish that I've learnt and it has been my only favourite. I myself think that the rice is slightly hard at the inner but everyone has been so satisfied to the deliciousness of the Paella here. Well, I guess the fresh seafood has been the winning point!

Combinado de Mariscos is a variety of seafood such as fish, mussels, squid and prawn in the spicy salsa sauce. I'm not so favour with this dish because of the strong capsicum's taste. Anyway, everyone is quite happy with the seafood.

My memory about Spanish food still stays with Paella. I'll never forget about the deliciousness of this special rice dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment