Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Saturday 6 August 2011

It's the Ancient Historical Kitchen; Historische Wurstküche

If you're at Regensburg, don't ever miss to try the Bratwurst or sausages at the Historiche Wurstküche that is located just beside the Steinerne Brücke (Stone Bridge). What can you expect here? The Bratwurst is charcoal grilled on the 500-year-old historical kitchen. You may ask then, what can be so special about an ancient kitchen...

I'm interested to experience myself on the specialty of the Bratwurst here. I just can't imagine the crowd that I'm seeing on Sunday afternoon; Of course no empty seats, customers are standing to have their meal and people are queueing up just to take-away the Bratwurst Sandwich. I've decided to have the 'Bratwurstkipferl zum Mitnehmen' that costs me Euro 2,20. Simply 2 sticks of Bratwurst and the Sauerkraut with some senf or mustard, the deliciousness is just unbelievable! Let's start with the bread first... It tastes very fresh whereby the outer skin is crispy yet the inner is very soft. But, I'm the most impressed by the Bratwurst and the senf. The secret recipe here is the mixing of good grade ham into the Bratwurst whereby it tastes succulent and tender. Additionally, the senf is as well specially made that it tastes a little 'spicy' at the end of the tongue?!! The refreshing taste of these combinations have not made myself feeling oily or heavy over the Bratwurst and instead I'll like to order for more...

Bratwurst is a common food in Germany but this is seriously a must recommended place for Bratwurst in Regensburg. You'll not regret to queue up for just a simple 'sausage sandwich', at least I don't... Frankly speaking, this is my first experience to stand by the river side to eat my Bratwurst ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment