Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Wednesday 20 July 2011

Stammtisch... Tuesday Night in Penang; Dienstag Abend in Regensburg

Reporting from Regensburg, that I'll be here for 2months...

It's Tuesday night and it supposes to be our 'Stammtisch' or regular table in Penang. Wandering on Regensburg streets by myself, I've decided to drop myself a German meal tonight, a real 'Stammtisch' alive in Germany. By random, I've discovered the Regensburger Weissbräuhaus that is located at Schwarze Bären Straße. One information that I've understood from their menu, they're serving Gegrillte Schweinshaxe mit Kartoffelknödel und Sauerkraut on every Tuesday. In other word, I can get the German Pork Knuckle tonight.

Let's start with a Weissbier and I've ordered their Weissbier Dunkel. It tastes quite smooth and under the cooling weather, the beer just stays cool always...

Per serving, I've started to regret because the portion is just too big for myself alone here. Both the meat and the skin are too hard, I think it has somehow been over-grilled that the juiciness has been evaporated. No doubt that the skin is very crispy but the Chef has lost the touch of balancing between the crispiness and tenderness, that the lean meat has in fact become too chewy. Kartoffelknödel is the steamed potatoes ball that is made from raw and cooked potatoes with some cream while Sauerkraut is the traditional pickled cabbage. I'm not the fans for Kartoffelknödel because it makes me feeling too full always. Too bad too say that I don't like their Sauerkraut as well as it tastes too sour.

I start to wonder about the Stammtisch in Penang... How are my boyfriend, Suzy, Leni, Berndie and Franky?

No comments:

Post a Comment