Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 26 June 2011

Here You Smell the Durian... At Balik Pulau!

June is our monthly eating trip to Durian orchard. Here we're heading to Balik Pulau, lead by CK.
Can you differentiate the species of each Durian? We've 'Gourd'葫芦, 'Red Prawn'红虾 and 'Lin Feng Jiao'林凤娇; these are the special names of each Durian species. 葫芦 and 红虾 are more towards sweetness while 林凤娇 is having a little bitterness at the end of tongue. For myself personally, I prefer sweet Durian 葫芦 because the meat is more compact. Anyway, some people may prefer 林凤娇 for its bitterness and a little of 'alcoholic' taste?!!
A special drink in this Durian orchard is the Nutmeg Juice. It's a great pleasure to enjoy the cold nutmeg drink while eating the 'heaty' Durian. The nutmeg juice here is not so 'pure' as it has been mixed with plenty of sour plum. Anyway, for someone alike me whom dislike the strong nutmeg's aroma, you'll enjoy the taste. Besides, the Rambutan红毛丹 here is FOC (Free of Charge). What you need is only the skill of plucking by yourself...
I'm not so fancy about Durian but my boyfriend is. It's funny to see him laze around after a satisfying Durian's lunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment