Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Monday 21 March 2011

Hawker Food at Northam Beach Cafe

It's a good idea to have a meal at hawker centre if to talk about variety that I can have. A great thing about Penang is the various hawker centres that you can find over this small island. One of it that I've managed to capture some images is the Northam Beach Cafe诺登美食坊.

You can walk around to hunt for your favourite food in this hawker centre, regardless of Oriental or Western taste. One of the delicious food that my boyfriend has ordered, is the 'Kam Heong' style Fried Squid. This dish is having very little sauce whereby the squid is fried with the dry chili paste, dried chili and dried shrimps till the spiciness and saltiness are completed absorbed. The only request I've will be to reduce the onions as I'll prefer to enjoy the fresh squid. Next order is the Grilled Mixed Meat Platter that consists of deer, pork and rat, I guess. I don't know exactly the meat that I've chosen but the taste is definitely sucks because it's extremely too sweet. The taste is weird that it doesn't suit the meat at all. I'm sure that my boyfriend and I have banned this stall... sort of Korean Grill?!!

I myself feel disappointed with the Seafood Popiah. Firstly, I don't find any special seafood taste or to say that it has no difference from the normal Popiah in any stall. Secondly, the popiah is too watery that it's tasteless. Luckily, we've the next compliment about the Crepe. I can't recall the exact name but the crepe is garnished with icing sugar and stripes of chocolate sauce on top while the inner ingredients are made from the cinnamon apple. I love this dessert because it's not too sweet whereby the icing sugar and the cinnamon are balancing the taste of each other. It's a good choice if you're craving for a good crepe.

Do visit the hawker centre sometimes. It's a good choice if you're asking for variety...

No comments:

Post a Comment