Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Saturday 19 March 2011

Curry Fish Head at Restoran Pen Mutiara

Thanks to JH Lew for joining us in our team and here we go to Restoran Pen Mutiara, on a treat from our boss. It's located in the LKIM building at Batu Maung area; famously known as Ikan Bakar and Curry House.

Our main dish is the Curry Fish Head; what a giant sized fish head! The curry is a bit stronger in sourness and this gives a refreshing taste, especially goes well with the fresh fish head. Luckily, the big fish head doesn't taste hard and yet the meat is juicy and tender. I do quite like the curry fish head but the spiciness and the aroma are not appealing to attract me. The next main dish is the Cabai Prawn. This prawn dish tastes very sweet instead of spicy that I'm expecting from its name 'Cabai' or Chili. Another seafood that we're having is the Fried Squid. The squid is coated with a thick layer of flour and that makes it tastes hard. The squid itself is also dry.

Recommended by a friend, we've ordered the Ayam Masak Merah. I guess I'll not order this dish again because other than tasting sweet, I hate the red coloring that has dyed my white rice into red. The last dish is definitely a vegetable and we've chosen the Stir Fried Kangkung. Again it's funny that the taste of the chili is so little and the vegetable is too oily.
The dishes here are not to say very great but the fish head tastes quite nice. At least, this is the one that can fulfill my appetite towards curry... in Penang island.

No comments:

Post a Comment