Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Thursday 9 December 2010

Sungai Acheh; Here We Go for the Yummy... Curry Prawns

Always... I've been waiting eagerly for the Curry Prawns at Sungai Acheh; somewhere near to Nibong Tebal. Everyone around me has been so often to discuss about the deliciousness of the dish. I'm really wondering of the extent that the prawn can taste.

Lim Aik Chew is the one and only restaurant that serves the Curry Prawns with Bread. The sauce is thick and it does add on a strong curry flavour to the prawns. The bread is nice to go along with the Curry Prawns as it absorbs the thick curry paste and letting the strong curry taste to spread in the mouth. Honestly, the curry is very salty and thus it'll taste more delicious if to go with bread or white rice; whereby the saltiness is neutralized. Personally, I like the big prawns that are fresh whereby the meat is compact yet still tender and juicy. However, some people may dislike the thick curry that will make you feeling too full that it does stop my appetite for more dishes.

Our next order is the Steamed Prawns. The chef has put in a lot of chopped garlic and with some white rice wine to enhance the nice aroma. To me, the garlic is a little too much that it covers up the sweetness of the prawns. Luckily, the fresh prawns have saved some tastiness for this dish.

I do quite enjoy this meal here. Imagining; in a small and rural town, there's an old restaurant that serves a special and tasty meal that you'll remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment