Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Friday 18 June 2010

Homemade Bakery, just a perfect teatime party

It's the month of June whereby all June's babies are gathered up for a birthday celebration together...

Joining a new company, this is a culture of my department whereby they'll organize the birthday celebration on monthly basis. For this month of June, ZeroOne Homemade Bakery has been selected to prepare the teatime party pack. This is a new bakery to our news, but the food... really a homely deliciousness.

Wow, variety of desserts and teatime snacks! The fried popiahs and curry puffs are filled with ingredients fully and they're very crispy; every single bite is crunchiness. My favourite dessert is the mini blueberry cheese tarts. On my first bite, the blueberry jam flows out... Oh, there is a layer of jam underneath the cheese. The tart is not too cheesy and it's soft, making it just nice to melt in the mouth. While for the cream puffs, the fillings are corn custard whereby I can find some small corns that are blended with the creamy custard. I don't quite like the cream puffs as the dough is a little too oily and I personally will prefer the custard filling to be sweeter.

Not to forget the main character; the birthday cake. My first impression is a white cream cake that is decorated with strawberries and kiwis; simple yet it's triggering my curiosity on how will the taste be. It's actually a vanilla cake that is layered with Pandan Kaya. Everyone of us gives a 'Thumb Up' for the deliciousness as the cake is soft and it's not too creamy. The sweetness is just perfect that it's not making us feeling too greasy or too full.
Info: 'Kaya' is a type of 'jam' that is made from egg and coconut milk, with sugar as sweetening; then being steamed on a pot of boiling water till it's thick and brown.

I enjoy this type of functions in my new working place. Thanks to the team whom has been planning and organizing such activities. Oh ya, another special thanks to LP for sponsoring the prawn crackers ;)

By the way, if you like to order for the homemade desserts or snacks, I've managed to snapshot the contact as below...

No comments:

Post a Comment